Position: Front Desk
Reports to: Office Manager
Position Summary: Functions that support the front desk at a dental office. This position is a combination of patient interaction and basic paperwork administration under the direction of the Office Manager.
- Excellent customer service while interacting with patients both over the phone and in person.
- Can include checking in patients and complete patient registration under the direction of the Office Manager.
- Schedule patient appointments within operational standards.
- Confirm patient appointments two business days prior to patient’s visits.
- Assist with check out process with each patient by reviewing charts to ensure that all information is written properly and procedures are documented.
- File patient charts on a daily basis.
- Keep front desk and lobby area clean and neat.
- Calling insurances to verify patient is eligible.
- All other duties assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic clerical and administrative skills.
- Excellent customer service skills with professional and courteous phone etiquette.
- Basic knowledge of dental insurance and dental terminology
- Working knowledge of Internet Explorer and Microsoft Word required; knowledge of Microsoft Excel preferred.
- Experience with dental software such as Easydental or dentrix preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Qualifications (Experience, Education, Licensure, Certification)
- Previous insurance and/or dental office experience preferred.